Monday, February 8, 2010

USCIS General Inquiry Mailbox – Still Waiting

I posted a few weeks back about a general inquiry email address setup for Canadians to submit questions to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services department.

On January 25th I submitted an email to them asking for clarification on the rules surrounding Canadians wishing to speak at conferences in the US. A week went by and I heard nothing…not even a “Thanks for your inquiry, here’s the expected timeframe to receive an answer.” So I emailed them again on February 1st asking for verification of receipt and whether I could get a time frame for the response.

Crickets.

So tomorrow will be two weeks since my initial email and I haven’t heard anything. It’s one thing to set up a service and tout how great it is that Canadians have this new avenue for getting info, but its totally another to make it useful and provide value.

I’ll keep watching the inbox, but I’m not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment